One of our core values as a church is meaningful membership. The Bible teaches us that church isn’t a location to which we go, but a body of believers to which we belong. The apostle Paul writes in Romans 5:6 – “so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another.” Christ loved the church and gave himself for her. To become mature in him, we must love his church. Therefore, we call individual followers of Christ to enter into covenant membership with our church, committing themselves to the mission, biblical beliefs, and people of Christ Fellowship Leesville.
Individuals who desire Covenant Membership at the church must meet the following qualifications:
- A believer in Jesus Christ who gives evidence of new life in Jesus Christ
- Baptized in obedience to Jesus Christ
- Affirm the church’s confession of faith
- Sustain the doctrines of our church and not hold any settled convictions contrary to them
- Affirm with signature and keep in practice the commitments of the Church Covenant
The normal process for becoming a Covenant Member of the church includes completing the Starting Point Class, completing a membership interview with two of the elders, and an affirmation of the church.
Interested in becoming a Covenant Member? Complete the form below. One of our church leaders will respond soon.